Utility / Water Department
Important Announcement From the Utility Department
February 28, 2023 - City Council heard the results of a periodic rate study from consultant, Willdan Financial Services. Of note, the Royse City utility rates remain comparable to those in many surrounding areas. Adjustments are necessary to address increases from the water supplier, North Texas Municipal Water District and increased costs associated with wastewater treatment. The average residential user will pay $3.35 more per month for utility services and $1.34 more per month for garbage services in 2023. Rate adjustment details, including commercial rate changes, can be found here. New rates will be reflected on monthly utility bills beginning March 31st. For questions, please contact the Utility Customer Service office at 972-636-2250 or utilities@roysecity,com.
All debit and credit card processing fees for utility payments paid online have been temporarily waived. The fee still applies to payments made in the office. For further assistance contact the utility department at 972-636-2250.
Customer service provides the following services for the residents of Royse city:
- Answers questions/concerns in regards to sanitation services. Inside city limits only
- Opening and closing water utility accounts. Changing account information
- Pet registration
- Provides meter reading, billing, and collection services for water utilities
- Reserving city facilities
- Scheduling of residential home occupancy inspections.
- Set up an automatic bank draft
- Take utility payments for water accounts
Prepares work orders for public works for the following areas:
- Broken meter box
- Fire hydrant meter hookups for commercial use
- Line locates
- Pothole, residential streets
- Pressure test
- Right-of-way permits
- Sewer back up
- Sign maintenance
- Street maintenance
Utility payments can be made:
- In-person at 305 N Arch Street inside City Hall
- Mailed to PO Box 638, Royse City, TX. 75189
- Placed in the night drop box located across the street from City Hall underneath the light pole.
- For your convenience online bill pay is available by clicking HERE. You will need your account number and pin number located on the front of your bill. Be aware a 3.5% processing fee is charged for debit/credit card transactions. Fee applies to all card transactions, online or paid in the office.
- Set up automatic bank draft in the Utility Department
We accept cash, check, VISA, MC, Discover, Money orders, or cashier checks.
All bills are due by 5:00 pm on the 15th.
New Service Set Up for H2O, Sewer & Trash Service
Complete the following:
- Fill out the utility application in its entirety. Application is located on the city website at roysecity.com from the Utility Forms page.
- Provide a copy of your Government-issued ID.
- Provide at least one of the following documents for proof of residency or occupancy: Copy of signed lease agreement, signed contract, signed closing disclosure, or notarized deed.
- A security deposit of $100.00 per account for residential and $175.00 for a commercial is required per city ordinance.
If you are transferring service the security deposit will transfer to the new account.
Returning residents with a delinquent balance from a previous account must pay the balance and the security deposit for a new activation.
- Business accounts must provide a copy of the TAX ID certificate or the SS-4 letter assigning the company the EIN#. We do not accept the W-9 form.
Email all required documents to or fax 972-635-2319.
Once all documents have been received and processed you will be contacted with instructions on how to pay the security deposit and inspection fee if applicable.
For any further assistance contact us at 972-636-2250, select zero at the recording.