The Building Department includes the functions of:
- Building Inspections
- Building Plan Review
The department facilitates growth in the community and ensures structures in Royse City are constructed, altered, and maintained to meet the standards for quality of life and safety in Royse City.
- Do I need a permit for a security system?
The City of Royse City has partnered with SC Tracking Solutions to utilize an online tracking tool for the purpose of Alarm Permit Renewal/Registration payment. The City of Royse City Renewal/Registration fee is $25 plus tax for all residents/business owners/tenants that have a monitored alarm system. Please follow the 4 steps to complete the transaction:
- Go to SC Tracking Solutions
- Enter Catalog Number
- Verify or update information
- Checkout and pay the annual city fee
Payments will no longer be accepted at the City of Royse City - City Hall for alarm permits. SC Tracking Solutions accepts Visa, Master Card, American Express, debit, and prepayment cards, no checks, please. If you have any questions or concerns please email SC Tracking Solutions or call 866-232-0174. Access the SC Tracking Form (PDF). First-time registrations please call SC Tracking for a Catalog Number.
- Do I need a permit for a garage sale?
No, but there are rules in place for holding them:
- Garage sales are limited to 3 sales during any 12-month period.
- One sign in the owner's front yard and 2 other signs (off-site) are allowed on private property (between the house and sidewalk or fence), with the owner's permission.
- Are not to exceed 2 square feet in size
- Must be placed at least 4 feet from the street curb line
- Are to be posted no longer than 72 hours
- Must be picked up
No signs are allowed on any utility pole, tree, fence, or structure, or to be placed on any public road right-of-way (street corners).
- Do I need a permit to replace my water heater?
Yes. The Texas State Plumbing License Law requires that a plumbing permit be obtained and the work inspected by a state-licensed plumbing inspector from the City. A licensed master plumber must register with the city and pull the required permit. Access the Water Heater Permit Information Guide.